August 28, 2007

"Hoptimistic", as we say in Quebec

A happy hop from the bed this morning. A little bit more optimistic about things. Mostly thanks to this great American institution, Google. Just think, I was able to view most of my architectural projects in several countries last night, thanks to Google Earth. These satellite views proved that my buildings were still standing after 10-40 years, set in their scenery and parking lots.
plus hundreds of Archimede house with their peculiar rhombic-dodecahedral geometries, sticking out like flower bouquets in either island or ski resorts. Planet earth is small and very dainty, as shown on Google Earth. And I can write about it in this Google Blogger, then I can just perform a Google Search and deconstruct all the bad mouthing that is spread around the world by the our miscontent, our insurgents. Then I can go to YouTube (another Google flagship) and see a video that totally destroys the myth of Jesus, another clip by Carlin killing Religion , one that just busts your ribs with laughter. Then I can write to my friends to invite them to see'em, sharing the enlightment, using my Google GMail of course. And all that comes in 27 languages, so that I know that all over the planet others are doing the same thing, clearing the air of all the ignorance and suppression that has been plaguing us for centuries, with shamans, kings, mullahs, politicos and priests spreading their power with lies and superstitions. And banks too. I can go to Google Finance and read the fine print on all their activities, go to Google Spreadsheets to check out the totals of their investments in Halliburton and the like, check out their salary and ethics of their CEO's in Google News, check out their honest faces in Google Images, report findings in this Google Blog, go back to Google Earth to see that the globe is still spinning and check out Google Sky to see how tiny we are with 20 billion distant stars in JUST OUR OWN MILKY WAY GALAXY. ThenI can look at the furthest clusters going back to the beginning of time and think...Shit! we've only been around for 100,000 years, a microscopic fraction of the age of the universe. A blip. If we disappear, nothing in the universe will notice it or miss us. And of course you wont see that reported on Google News. Join our blog and spin the planet with us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds good to me. did ya see the moon last night?

Jacques POIRIER said...

Guess what! I was looking at a virtual sky at that time(!). What a moron!