August 18, 2007

QiGong , Natural Medecine...

...as practiced twice a day by 100 million Chinese, Qigong does amazing things to joints, blood pressure, the immune system, the oxygen carrying capacity, balance, everything that aging people need to worry about. I am very much into that and all I can give you here is a teaser of Lee Holden's DVD that I saw in its entirety on PBS. I will try to get you the entire thing if you are interested. I never thought 7-10 minutes could do so much for stress and well-being until I tried it. I saw old people in parks or on the beach in Vietnam doing it early in the morning or at night. I will post these video clips of them that I took. One man, using sign language, showed me 10 fingers 10 times when I asked him his age, after I had signified to him with my own fingers that I was 61 years old. He smiled a toothless smile and jumped on his bicycle he had hooked on to a branch by the beach. I think I filmed him going away in a perfectly straight line through the morning traffic in Nha Trang.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a form of Tai Chi