December 13, 2007

South Austin, A Musical Melting Pot

It's cold in northern Mexico today, so how'bout having 'Happy Hour' at Evangeline's, a Cajun hotspot in South Austin TX. I miss that lively town where I worked in 1971, designing the Thunder Jet snowmobile racer . All workers at Glastron were Mexicans, the bars played cowboy music and I never knew that just two blocks away from the plant was a big boisterous Cajun bar and restaurant. Workaholics just miss out on too much good stuff. But my then wife Diane did come to join me. She was struck by the fact that when she walked on those long flat boulevards,many Texans would slow down, lower the windows on their air conditioned cars and drawl on to her: "Wouldjoo laaaahk' a raaaahhhde, maaaaaam!" So here's musical compensation, one month away from formal retirement, courtesy of Charles Thibodeaux:

No comments: