October 4, 2007

Siquieros, A Mexicain Painter At The New Ensenada Fine Arts Museum.

Click START to view animation, REFRESH page to stop it. I know, it sucks!





The newly opened 'Casa De Artes' in Ensenada is a lovely building. Equally admirable was their first show, the Mexican painter called Siquieros who produced this energetic fresh piece back in 1952. It is a perspective study for a mural, one that I interpreted in 'loop format' to make the pleasure last ...much longer. The remix is something done by throwing together a cumbia (great Columbian music like this tune posted earlier) with a flamenco piece and some special effects.

7 comments:

Camille C. said...

Indeed, beautiful work

The13th said...

nice use of loop and clever mix. it's quite mesmerizing in the meld.

Anonymous said...

NEXT TIME YOUR UP BY THE STORAGE UNITS IN LAS GAVIOTAS, STOP AT THE FRONT GATE AND SEE THE WALL MURAL A ARTIST DID. BELIEVE HIS NAME IS MARTINEZ AND HE HAS HIS SHOP ACROSS FROM THE OLD FOX/BAJA MOVIE STUDIOS. SEEN OTHER PAINTING THIS GUY DOES AND HE IS GOOD..............

Anonymous said...

Hey Jacques! I like your Blog. A few days ago I started fooling around with Corel Painter. You and your lovely wife should try it. After a few hours, I did the painting I'm sending you. I'm sure you will enjoy it as much as I did.
Hugs and a kiss to both.
Marcelo.

Jacques POIRIER said...

Good show, Marcello. I posted your experimental picture done with Corel in such a way that by clicking on your name above we get to see it!

old enough to know said...

Vigoureux dessin, j'aime la musique. J'ai beaucoup dansé au son de la 'cumbia' qui vient de la Colombie ou la musique est specialement belle. Look it up.

Jacques POIRIER said...

Thanks for the info about Cumbias. i thought this was local. I am in CA for the weekend. Do the Barnes & Noble thing. Also 8 dogs to look after as MArk went to Toronto. I like your picasa photos. Go there often. What's with Tania'? I gotta do something cute for Toma. I have an idea for a future blog he will like. Thanks for posting comments. Fun.
Mucho lovo
J.