February 21, 2008

Flowers and a Cake for Nikki



Nikki got these beautiful flowers from Lupe, our new maid (see previous post about our first encounter with Lupe)
I never got around to buy flowers myself...what a shame!
And then disaster struck! I could not find the candles to put on a cake. Seems they sell those in 'Farmacia' and not grocery stores here in Mexico. But the cake! completed with 5 leftover strawberries....
This is my first cake ever, at 65. Pillsbury, I love you because you are user friendly! And it tasted good too.

2 comments:

The13th said...

There once was a lady named Kate,
Whose birthday was on this fine date,
She wanted a cake,
But her friends could not bake,
So her candles just sat on a plate.


(nice to have to a good baker around isn't it, Nikki?)

Anonymous said...

Just in case Jacques missed the moment - they were not candles - they were flowers - an absolutely beautiful arrangement given with love. I was speechless and that says a lot :)
Thanks to everyone for the wishes and cards.